Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coach Kevin Mckinney

I’m Coach Kevin Mckinney. I’ve played football in middle school, high school and in my neighborhood growing up with all my friends. Football has always been an important aspect in my life. I’ve also played; basketball, baseball, track and swimming. Having been involved with sports all through my youth I’ve learned so many valuable life lessons - which I’m grateful to pass on to my players.

When I began coaching, “I fell in love immediately”! My goal as a Coach is to ALWAYS be a GREAT leader, motivator, teacher and friend. I always try to seek new information to learn about new training techniques. Being a good communicator and listener is critical working with youth. I provide clear instructions and feedback along with listening to any concerns and ideas from my players and parents. I want to give my time and respect to the parents as well because their positive involvement is important for the kids success. It’s also very important to me to keep my practices fun and challenging, help my players believe in themselves, provide a supportive environment and NEVER put down my players. I am committed to coaching and the team. I only do this job because I love it!!!

“Coaching is a profession of love. You can't coach people unless you love them.”
-Eddie Robinson

Email:  KevinM@Tacomasteelers.org