Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coach Derrick McCrayton

I was born and raised in Arizona. I have lived in Washington State for 15 years. I reside in Tacoma, WA with my fiancé, son & daughter. My daughter played basketball at Gray Middle School in Tacoma and I had the opportunity to coach them in 2009. I continued to coach for the boy’s basketball team for an additional two more years. I am a returning offensive coach for the Tacoma Steelers. As a coach and a role model, I am currently continuing my education to set a better example for the youth. I enjoy being involved with kids. Coaching is similar to teaching; my guidance will direct them to become innovative and persistent as they reach adulthood. I believe that persistence and hard work in anything they do will offer many opportunities.
Email:  DerrickM@Tacomasteelers.org